The Lower Tantric College-Gyume.
Gyume which is called The lower Tantric college was founded by Je Sherap Sangay in 1433. He was a disciple of Tsongkhapa who vowed to his teacher that he would take responsibility for preserving his tantric teachings. The college was first known as Se Gyu-Pa and was not located in Lhasa but on a mountain called Lhunpo Se in the province of Tsang. It was moved to present site in Lhasa on the Dickyi Shar Lam. The Upper Tantric college was specialized in training young monks in tantric rituals and elder geshe in tantric doctrine and practice. Gyume was completely destroyed during the cultural revolution and converted into houses for the local people.