Home > Clients Asked Q&A
RidwanOct,13 2017 15:27:31
Hello do you do private Lhasa tours for two people? We want to arrive from Kathmandu on October 29 and leave Lhasa for Kathmandu on November 3. I saw st Regis for $623 total for this time and Sichuan airlines direct flight for $590 per person.
admin10-132017): Dear Ridan
Thanks for your inquiry
Tibet Group Visa:
Please note: if you plan to come to Tibet from Nepal you don't need to apply for Chinese visa all you need to do is to send us your passport scan or clear photo and we will apply for the Tibet travel permit here at the same time we will obtain the Tibet group visa invitation letter here and send it to our Nepalese agent then the agent will meet you at your arrival in Kathmandu and collect your passport to apply for the Group Visa which is compulsory for travelers entering Tibet from Nepal you will need to pay for the group visa fee and the agent’s service fee to the agent seperately this fee is not included in our tour cost. for the fee you can refer to this link http://www.exploretibet.com/visa-permits/ just for reference. Your schedule in Kathmandu should be like below:

Day 1: Arrival in KTM
Day 2: group visa apply (must be embassy working days)
Day 3 :group visa collection(must be embassy working days)
Day 4: obtain visa by 11:00 (must be embassy working days)
Day 5: fly to Lhasa
But for invitation letter it has been paused for Oct. so can you please postpone your travel to date later?

For hotel we can arrange the St.Regis for you. For flight would you like us to help you book it?

Please let me know about it . thank you!
Best Regards
JulianaOct,11 2017 10:10:33
Could you please let us know and send us a quote what kind of package the travel can offer us to visit Lhasa?
1. We are going to 27th of April (will be arriving in the morning) until to 29th of April (will be the departure in the afternoon).

2. Place would like to visit on 27th in the afternoon: Drepung monastery - Sera monastery
3.Place would like to visit on 28thof April:  Potala palace- Jokhang temple - Barkhor street  and norbulingka park  
3. the Tibet permit has a separate price or is including in the tour package?
4. the tour package includes driver and  English speaking guide?
5. please send quote without accommodation.
6. we are a couple.
we are looking forward to hearing from you soon
admin10-132017): Dear Julianna
Here i recommend you to do 3 days private tour.
3 days Lhasa highlight private tour
(27th April.)DAY 01. Arrival and LHASA ESCORTED TOUR in the afternoon. (B)
(28th April.)DAY 02. LHASA ESCORTED TOUR. (B)
(29th April.) DAY 03. Norbulingka in the morning and LHASA AIRPORT/TRAIN STATION SEND OFF. (B)
2permit is included in the tour cost.
3yes include the driver and English speaking guide
4CNY3470 per person based on two people in one group. ( Excluding the hotels in Lhasa.)
ToneyOct,05 2017 08:22:10
I have noticed that your page needs some fresh posts
Writing manually takes a lot of time but there is tool for this boring task
search for; Wrastain‘s tools for content
Here is my blog post - SusieX
admin10-132017): Dear Toney
Thank you so much for your advice and we are planning to update our website very soon in this winter.
And I went over your blog it was very good.
Also please let me know how many people of you and when would you like to travel to Tibet I can quota to you accordingly.
Nick BennettSep,05 2017 03:30:43
I very much like the idea of following or visiting the footsteps that my grandfather made when he was part of the Younghusband Expedition to Tibet in 1903/4 Their starting point was Northern India and ended up in Lhasa infact my grandfather was present at the signing of the treaty.
I was wondering how modern day Tibetans felt about talking about the Younghusband Expedition and that part of their history and whether it might be possible to include a drive from Yadong in the south on the S204 to Gyangze and on to Lhasa as well as other places of interest in Tibet.
Please give me an idea
Thank you.
Nick Bennett
admin09-062017): Dear Nick Bennett
I read about Younghuasband’s Expedition to Tibet though it is not allowed for any foreign travelers to visit or Land drive from Yadong to Gyantse. As there are lots of places in Tibet where the tourism is not allowed to do. So Yadong is the one. But if you are interested you can take a trip which will start from Lhasa then to Gyantse – Shigatse –Lhasa for 6 Days tour. To have little more information on the Tour itinerary please check on our website http://www.exploretibet.com/tibet-group-tours/6-days-Cultural-Experience-Group-Tour.html

May I know when do you like to take the trip in Tibet? How many people are there with you? Please answer me these questions and then we can proceed further…
Best Regards
Kalsang Namgyal (Your Trip Advisor)
jeff kleinAug,24 2017 11:30:17
Tashi Delek
Do you offer transport to Nepal?
I like the kailish tour is it 1 night over at EBC?
Warm Regards
admin08-252017): Dear Jeff klein

Thanks for your inquiry。

Sorry the border still close from Nepal to Lhasa so you only can take flight from KTM to Lhasa or Lhasa to KTM.

And yes there will be one night at EBC

Best Regards
Othmar ZendronJul,22 2017 09:07:20
We are 3 Austrians who want to go from Beijing to Lhasa by train (dep. 2Aug) stay some days there and maybe continue to Xigaze by train.
How much would you charge p. p.  for providing permits and a walking tour in Lhasa? 
Thank you for your prompt reply.
admin07-242017): Dear Othmar Zendron

Permit information:
Tibet Travel Permit

I am really sorry according to Tibet travel regulations we cannot sell permit (http://www.exploretibet.com/Essential-Info/Tibet-Visa-Permits/ ) without arranging a tour for travelers any other tour agencies cannot either. Because when we apply for the permit we need the detailed itinerary and daily program places you will visit all detailed information of the tour you book with us or we are impossible to get your permit I hope you can understand thank you.

Tibet travel permit process take around 18 days and we need 3 days to send you the permit in mainland China so we need your clear scanned copy of passport and China tourist visa. Yes we will take care the permit for you.

As you will take plane to Lhasa you will need to give me your last hotel’s name/address in mainland China before flying to Lhasa so that when your permit is issued we will mail it to your hotel that usually takes 3 days with the permit you can board the plane to Lhasa. Thank you. If you will take train then you only need the copy of the permit to aboard the train.

So the total permit process will take around 20 days.

Yes we can help you with the Tibet permit but now firstly I will need to know the following and then I can help for customizing a better trip. Please let me know the specific date of your arriving in Tibet and how many days you would like in Tibet then I can quote to you accordingly.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Best Regards
Mia (Trip Advisor)

Write Us Here

  • Please fill out this form correctly.
  • ∗ Name
  • ∗ E-mail
  • ∗ Content
  • ∗ CODE
    To avoid spam, we will examine & verify your post before publish on our website. You will receive a private email reply within 24 hours!
Contact Us

Find a Trip Choose one or more fields

Check More Video Feedbacks >>


ADD:4-5 House Namsel NO.3, Doudi Road, Lhasa, Tibet | Explore Tibet is the leading Tibetan Owned Tibet Travel company
Mobile: 0086-13398000993 or Tel: 0086-891-6305152 (Lhasa), +124 0778 0765(USA)
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 7:00pm (GMT +8)

Copyright © 2015 Explore Tibet. Privacy Policy Tibet Group Tour DMCA.com Protection Status