Home > Clients Asked Q&A
KeithJan,11 2017 17:11:52
I am traveling to Tibet from the UK. I will be traveling through several airports in main land China can you advise what visa‘s I will require.
Thank You
admin01-132017): Dear Keith
If you are looking to travel in China less than 60 days then its good to apply the Chinese Tourist Single Visa. As it is valid for 60 days. You can travel in Mainland China and as well as Tibet.
While we apply the Tibet Travel Permits(Tibet Visa) we will need your clear scan copies of your passport and Chinese visa then the process will take around 15 Days. The Permits are allowed to summit only before 1 month of the travellers’ trip departure date. But while you apply the Chinese visa please do not mention Tibet as your travel destination in China as you will face difficulties to receive your Chinese visa.
If you are a single travelerthen we would suggest to join with our Group Tours. As the tour cost is more reasonable we provide the quality services and organize the tour with small group size. Which will feel this trip as a Private tour. Also The Group Tour 8 Days EBC adventure is the best tour itinerary that we designed and it is also the most popular tour itinerary among all the foreign travellers to Tibet.
Best Regards
Kalsang Namgyal (Your Trip Adviser)
DniJan,06 2017 02:26:12
Hi! I‘m planning to fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa (the only place I intend to visit in China will be Tibet) and I would like to check some points please: 1) Since I will fly from Kathmandu I should not apply for a regular Chinese visa at the Chinese embassy in my country but apply for the Group visa for Tibet at the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu right?; 2) I noticed you offer tours starting on April 2nd but I‘ve read that in the last years the Tibet travel permit has not been issued in March (when I intend to be in Nepal). So I would like to confirm if in this case it is really not possible for me to take the tour starting on April 12nd.
admin01-102017): Dear Dni
Last years the Tibet Travel Permits has not been issued in March for our clients travel for April March is not allowed foreigners to visit due to policy reason. So maybe you choose to visit on early April is a good idea. You can take the tour starting on April 12th.
Please note: if you plan to come to Tibet from Nepal you don't need to apply for Chinese visa all you need to do is to send us your passport scan or clear photo and we will apply for the Tibet travel permit here at the same time we will obtain the Tibet group visa invitation letter here and send it to our Nepalese agent so then our Nepalese agent will meet you at your arrival in Kathmandu and collect your passport to apply for the Group Visa which is compulsory for travellers entering Tibet from Nepal. The group visa application takes at least 2 full working days in Kathmandu therefore please make sure you have enough time for that.
Tour information: Yes you can join our group tour 4 Days Lhasa Highlights Group Tour departure on April 12th it will end on April 15th would please to join this group tour? You can join one of them according to your time. For group tour there will be at most 9 group members in one group and the starting and ending dates are fixed price will be cheaper.
Best Regards
Mia (Trip Adviser)
Edgar NarvaezJan,05 2017 14:59:12
Hi we are two persons and we want to visit Tibet... Now we are at Laos and aproximately on 10th january we‘ll be at Kunming. We are looking for a tour throught Tibet to Katmandu Nepal. Which options do you have? We pretent to stay in Yunnan for a few day ( waiting for the permission tramitation) so we must end our trip in Yunnan at Shangri-La (aprox 16th of january) how can we get to Lhasa from there? Thanks
admin01-092017): Dear Edgar Narvaez
Permit info:Tibet Travel Permits is very essential and must for foreign travellers travelling to Tibet it can be obtained within 15 days. So we request and appreciate you to confirm booking a tour at least 15 days before your trip starts the earlier the better. Then we have enough time to prepare and to apply for the Tibet Travel Permit for you.
Will need you to send us clear scan copies or photos of passports and Chinese tourist L type visa. If other type of visas need also either work permit or invitation letter. Once we receive all your documents with your tour deposit then we will process them further to work on Tibet Travel Permit.
So if you can send me the required documents during this weekend we can probably only get you the permit for you to arrive in Lhasa on Jan. 21st or 22nd earliest. Is that ok with you?
You can take plane from Kunming to Lhasa fly to Xining and take train from Xining to Lhasa.
Best Regards
Sherry (Your Trip Adviser)
RobertDec,31 2016 05:30:12
I am just wondering how much the tour costs and which time of year would be best to go?
admin01-062017): Dear Robert
Now firstly we will need to know the following and then we can help for customizing a better trip. Please let me know the specific date of your arriving in Tibet and how many days you would like to spend in Tibet and how many people will come with you then we can quote to you accordingly.
Best Regards
Mia (Trip Adviser)
LijunDec,30 2016 10:46:46
hi we are a group of 5 people from Singapore wanting to visit Tibet from 20/5/2017 to4/5/2017. Can check with your what would be the suggested itineraries be like and the cost of it. How would the oick up be like and would there be safety measure during the trip as we came from a relatively different weather country.
admin01-032017): Dear Lijun,
Permit information:Tibet Travel Permits is an essential permits needed for all the foreign travellers and this permit can be obtained at least 18 days. To apply for the Tibet Travel Permits we will need you to send us your clear scan copies of passports and Chinese visa. Once I receive all your documents with your tour deposit then we will process them further to work on Tibet Travel Permits.
Also if you are able to confirm the trip before 3 months of trip its departure date then we will offer 5% discount from the tour cost.
Yes we can customize4 Days Lhasa Highlights Private Tour for you in Tibet. For private tour there are only you five guide and driver in this group you can decide on when you would like to start and end this tour on the way of travelling you can decide where to stop to take pictures or stay for longer or shorter time if guide says it’s safe and are allowed it’s more flexible.
Best Regards
Mia (Trip Adviser)
Elisabeth GeckDec,29 2016 10:20:54
I am searching for a camping tour in Qamdo or Nyingchi. Can you organize a trip there?
Do I nead a tibetan travel permit for this region or is it also possible to organize myself if you don“t have such a trip?
Thank you!
Elisabeth Geck
admin12-302016): Dear Elisabeth Geck
Sorry we cannot arrange the camping tour in Qamdo but we can arrange the tour for you in Nyingchi.
We are really sorry according to Tibet travel regulations we cannot sellTibet Travel Permits without arranging a tour for travellers any other tour agencies cannot either. Because when we apply for the permit we need the detailed itinerary and daily program places you will visit all detailed information of the tour you book with us or we are impossible to get your permit we hope you can understand thank you.
Since after 2007 the Tibet Tourism Bureau announced that all the foreigner should contract with a Lhasa based local agency where every group or individual tourist is compulsory to lead by a licensed guide and driver for whole trip whether a traveller is doing cycling trekking or driving tours in Tibet. So any trip in Tibet is selling in packages or organized tours freelancers or independent travelelrs are not allowed in whole Tibet. So all our tour is quoted with packages tour include tour guide tourist van permit accommodation in Tibet. Please take the above point into serious consideration and then plan your tour since those rules are directly from local government and that is out of our hand.
Now firstly we will need to know the following and then we can help for customizing a better trip. Please let me know the specific date of your arriving in Tibet and how many people will come with you then we can quote to you accordingly.
Best Regards
Mia (Trip Adviser)

Write Us Here

  • Please fill out this form correctly.
  • ∗ Name
  • ∗ E-mail
  • ∗ Content
  • ∗ CODE
    To avoid spam, we will examine & verify your post before publish on our website. You will receive a private email reply within 24 hours!
Contact Us

Find a Trip Choose one or more fields

Check More Video Feedbacks >>

ADD:4-5 House Namsel NO.3, Doudi Road, Lhasa, Tibet | Explore Tibet is the leading Tibetan Owned Tibet Travel company
Mobile: 0086-13398000993 or Tel: 0086-891-6305152 (Lhasa)
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 7:00pm (GMT +8)

Copyright © 2015 Explore Tibet. Privacy Policy Tibet Group Tour DMCA.com Protection Status