Home > Clients Asked Q&A
GishaFeb,04 2017 07:53:40
Me and my friend have a plan to book you 8 days tour to EBC on 16 April 2017. We‘re going to make Chinese visa next week and probably will take another one week to get the visa. After reading your notice about the Tibet visa/travel permit closing from 25 Feb to 31 Mar is it possible to get the Tibet Travel Permit and Alien Travel Permit if we apply for it at about 18 February (since the earliest issuance of our Chinese Visa would be at around  16 February 2017)?
Do you have suggestion what else should we prepare in order to get the permits?
Thank you in advance!
admin02-062017): Dear Gisha Prathita
Do not worry about the Tibet Travel Permits being closed from Feb 25th to March 31st. From 15th of March the Tibet Tourism Bureau will start to work on the permits for foreign travellers but all the permits will be issued from April 1st. Also as you are planning to enter Tibet from April 16th there will be no problem to receive your Tibet Travel Permits without any problem. As we have travellers who had booked their trip from April 1st and we will receive the permits from them before 5 - 7 days of their entry in Tibet.
Aliens’ Travel Permit will be issued in Shigatse from the Public Security Bureau we will need your hard copy of the passport and Chinese visa with the permits to apply it. That can be done only when you arrive in Shigatse.
Now as you are looking forward to join with our Group Tour 8 Days EBC Exploration Trip Departure date from April 16th so we will receive the permits before April 10th. I will be sending you the copy of permits through email then if you take the Flight to Lhasa then I will use the fastest courier services to your hotel in Mainland China so I need your Hotel booking information in China.
The Main thing is you will have to book the trip in advance so that we can prepare your documents to apply the permits as soon as the Tibet Tourism bureau accept the permits application then we will apply it accordingly and the process will take around 15 days or sometimes less… Booking in advance is highly appreciate…
From your-side once your trip is booked then I will need you to send me your clear scan copies of passports and the Chinese visa. Then we will do everything for you accordingly without any hardness.
Best Regards
Kalsang Namgyal (Your Trip Adviser)
ChavelyFeb,02 2017 23:12:20
Hello. I am planning a trip around China and Tibet at the end of March. I am American and at the time I plan on traveling I will have a Chinese tourist visa. What is the simplest way to enter Tibet from China acquire a visa or border pass? Hope to hear back soon. I appreciate the help.
admin02-052017): Dear Chavely
As Tibet is close for all foreigners in March so if you will come to Tibet we suggest you can plan your tour from April.
According to your interest we recommend that you can join our 8 Days EBC Exploration Group Tour departure on April 2nd there will be at most 10 group members in one group and the starting and ending dates are fixed.
You can share the cost and fun with others.
Best Regards
Mia (Trip Adviser)
KevinJan,31 2017 07:48:30
Hi I was wondering what the weather conditions are like in March? For instance is it safe to cross the Chola pass (before Dege) in the winter weather? And might the passes not get blocked?
admin02-042017): Dear Kevin
First of all please note that the northern route from Sichuan to Tibet is not open for tourists it was closed since 2008. So you need to change your plan for that and you can visit the Sichuan areas first and then take a flight to Lhasa from Chengdu to do the trips in Tibet.
Secondly March is not open for foreigners to travel Tibet and none ofTibet Travel Permits are issuing by local government and Tibet Tourism Bureau to any foreign tourists. As March is politically a very sensitive in Tibet.
So your option is to enter Tibet in April and do the trip. And if you are interested or if your time is flexible then please let me know so that we can send you the details for the tour with quotation.
Best Regards
Samdup (Your Trip Adviser)
Kong Sing ChingJan,27 2017 16:56:20
Hi I am interested in joining the Tibet tour in November. May I know how much is the service charge if I need your travel agency to help me buy train ticket from Chengdu to Lhasa?
admin02-032017): Dear Kong Sing Ching
Yes we have several group tours available in Nov and we have different lengths of group tours like 4 days6 days and 8 days.
And If you join a group tour the tour cost will be more cheaper and you can save some money that way as well.
Best Regards
Samdup (Your Trip Adviser)
Lawrie MacphersonJan,26 2017 18:53:45
I am interesting in visiting Tibet on 29th May 2017 just for a one-day tour of Lhasa and leaving on 30th May. I have a Chinese visa but have read that I can only go to Tibet as part of a guided tour. Would it be possible to visit for a one-day private tour? If so how much would it cost including the Tibet Travel Permit?
admin02-032017): Dear Lawrie Macpherson
Guided tour is compulsory in Tibet so you must book a package tour even you visit Tibet for a day or a month. So it’s very true as per local government policy.
Yes 2 days private trip in Tibet is not a problem and you can do that please note that you don’t have much time to see attractions.
So only think you can explore is Jokhang temple either on the arrival day or departure day so that’s totally depends on when your flight arrives or departs from Tibet.
Best Regards
Samdup (Your Trip Adviser)
graciaJan,25 2017 16:06:40
we are 2 persons interested to manage a bike trip from lhasa to KAtmandhu next augusto7september.
We would like to have information about the possibilty of get the TTP for 2 us the costs the needing or not to be acompained by one of yours guides
We look forward your answer
admin01-312017): Dear Gracia
1st we need to know is that motor bike or bike cycle that you want to do the trip in Tibet?
The Tibet Nepal Border was closed since 2014 because of the extreme bad damage in the border town during the Earthquake. But there is a rumour that the Gyirong Border is open but at the moment there is no any official confirmation of opening the Tibet Nepal Border. Biking from Lhasa to Kathmandu will not possible if the border is not open.
If you would like to do the biking in Tibet then we are sure that we can organise the Private Tour and also can get you all the necessary permits to do so.
Best Regards
Kalsang Namgyal (Your Trip Adviser)

Write Us Here

  • Please fill out this form correctly.
  • ∗ Name
  • ∗ E-mail
  • ∗ Content
  • ∗ CODE
    To avoid spam, we will examine & verify your post before publish on our website. You will receive a private email reply within 24 hours!
Contact Us

Find a Trip Choose one or more fields

Check More Video Feedbacks >>

ADD:4-5 House Namsel NO.3, Doudi Road, Lhasa, Tibet | Explore Tibet is the leading Tibetan Owned Tibet Travel company
Mobile: 0086-13398000993 or Tel: 0086-891-6305152 (Lhasa)
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 7:00pm (GMT +8)

Copyright © 2015 Explore Tibet. Privacy Policy Tibet Group Tour DMCA.com Protection Status