Home > Clients Asked Q&A
Tony ReidJan,20 2017 11:52:43
I currently live and work in China with a work visa. I‘d like to go to Tibet hopefully early April late March. What do I need to do? My visa expires around that time. Should I renew my visa and travel to Tibet or wait until it expires? Which is easier?
admin01-242017): Dear Tony Reid
When will your visa expire? We need your visa to be valid during the whole time of your staying in Tibet.
Permit info:Tibet Travel Permits is very essential and must for foreign travellers travelling to Tibet it can be obtained within 15 days. So we request and appreciate you to confirm booking a tour at least 15 days before your trip starts the earlier the better. Then we have enough time to prepare and to apply for the Tibet Travel Permit for you.
Will need you to send us clear scan copies or photos of 1.passport and your 2.work visa plus a 3. work permit or company invitation letter (the letter templates please check the attachment). Once we receive all your documents with your tour deposit then we will process them further to work on Tibet Travel Permit.
Tour info:
If you are travelling alone we suggest you join our Tibet Group tours with at most 10 people in one group to share cost and fun. : )
Best Regards
Sherry (Your Trip Adviser)
James CarrJan,18 2017 21:53:40
Good evening
My girlfriend and I will be traveling from Nepal (where we are doing volunteer work) through Tibet to Lhasa where we will board the Qinghai-Tibet Railway to take us to Shanghai. Then we will fly home to Hong Kong.
Could you please give us some advice as to what visas and documentation we will need. We both have Chinese visas and I have a British passport and my girlfriend has an American passport. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your help.
admin01-232017): Dear James Carr
As you both have the Chinese Visa and would like to enter Tibet from Nepal it is rules from the government that if you want to Enter Directly FROM Nepal to Lhasa then you will have to have the Chinese Group Visa (Tibet Group Visa) which visa will come with an A4 size paper and your Chinese visa which is in your passport will be cancelled by the China Embassy in Kathmandu. For not cancel your Chinese visa you will need to enter Tibet indirectly from Nepal. So You have to take the Flight from Kathmandu to Chengdu or Chongqing then to Lhasa. The Flight will cost almost but you will have to stay overnight there in Mainland China.
Regarding the Tibet Travel Permits once your trip is confirmed then you will have to send me the copy of passports & Chinese visas the permits process will take around 15 days and as soon as we receive the permits then we will send the copy through email and then send the original hard copy of permits to your hotel in Chengdu or Chongqing in Mainland. So that you can enter Tibet with your permits to Tibet.
After your Tibet Tour you both can take the Train from Lhasa to Shanghai as the train tickets will start to sell before 60 days of the train departure date also we can help for booking the tickets without the permits else the tickets will not able to book by the foreign people if they don’t have the permits.
Now we need to know which month or date would you like to do the trip in Tibet based on that we can send you the detail Tour information. Here we also would like to suggest to join with our Group Tour 8 Days EBC adventure as this tour itinerary is the most popular among all the travellers and the itinerary is customised to acclimatise the altitude & then driving further to the Mt. Everest base camp and overnight there by driving through remote areas in Tibet to experience the Tibetan culture.
Best Regards
Kalsang Namgyal (Your Trip Adviser)
Christian MeonadaJan,18 2017 21:05:17
I am from Philippines and I am traveling to China for a Tibet Tour So I would like to secure a travel permit.
I will arrive in Guangzhou from Manila on February 17 10:00PM
I plan to ride the train on February 18
In Lhasa I plan to leave by train on February 23
because my flight from Guangzhou to Manila is on February 26 1:00 AM
I would like to visit Buddhist temples and monasteries eat local food and shop souvenirs.
I like to take pictures and videos if permitted.
Please let me know the package price itinerary and how will I pay.
I am on a budget so I would like to take the “hard sleeper“ train.
I will take my own hotel through AirBNB so no need to book me for a hotel
Please get back to me.
Thank you.
Best Regards
admin01-202017): Dear Christian Meonada
If you are on a budget then we highly suggest to do 4 Days Lhasa Highlights Private Tour and we can exclude tourist transportation for 2 days and you need to use the taxi instead. And you need to pay for taxi fees while our guide will take to sites.
To secure a Tibet Travel Permits you need to confirm the tour in 18 days advance and we can secure the permit for you. And for that you need to send me clear scan copies of passport China tourist visa (L type) and tour deposit as well.
Yes you can take the train from Guangzhou and there is no problem with that as well.
You can picture and video during your visit to temples monasteries palaces but at some open areas as some places are not permitted to take photo and videos. we are sure our guide will inform you clearly during your stay here.
Best Regards
Samdup (Your Trip Adviser)
KeithJan,11 2017 17:11:52
I am traveling to Tibet from the UK. I will be traveling through several airports in main land China can you advise what visa‘s I will require.
Thank You
admin01-132017): Dear Keith
If you are looking to travel in China less than 60 days then its good to apply the Chinese Tourist Single Visa. As it is valid for 60 days. You can travel in Mainland China and as well as Tibet.
While we apply the Tibet Travel Permits(Tibet Visa) we will need your clear scan copies of your passport and Chinese visa then the process will take around 15 Days. The Permits are allowed to summit only before 1 month of the travellers’ trip departure date. But while you apply the Chinese visa please do not mention Tibet as your travel destination in China as you will face difficulties to receive your Chinese visa.
If you are a single travelerthen we would suggest to join with our Group Tours. As the tour cost is more reasonable we provide the quality services and organize the tour with small group size. Which will feel this trip as a Private tour. Also The Group Tour 8 Days EBC adventure is the best tour itinerary that we designed and it is also the most popular tour itinerary among all the foreign travellers to Tibet.
Best Regards
Kalsang Namgyal (Your Trip Adviser)
DniJan,06 2017 02:26:12
Hi! I‘m planning to fly from Kathmandu to Lhasa (the only place I intend to visit in China will be Tibet) and I would like to check some points please: 1) Since I will fly from Kathmandu I should not apply for a regular Chinese visa at the Chinese embassy in my country but apply for the Group visa for Tibet at the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu right?; 2) I noticed you offer tours starting on April 2nd but I‘ve read that in the last years the Tibet travel permit has not been issued in March (when I intend to be in Nepal). So I would like to confirm if in this case it is really not possible for me to take the tour starting on April 12nd.
admin01-102017): Dear Dni
Last years the Tibet Travel Permits has not been issued in March for our clients travel for April March is not allowed foreigners to visit due to policy reason. So maybe you choose to visit on early April is a good idea. You can take the tour starting on April 12th.
Please note: if you plan to come to Tibet from Nepal you don't need to apply for Chinese visa all you need to do is to send us your passport scan or clear photo and we will apply for the Tibet travel permit here at the same time we will obtain the Tibet group visa invitation letter here and send it to our Nepalese agent so then our Nepalese agent will meet you at your arrival in Kathmandu and collect your passport to apply for the Group Visa which is compulsory for travellers entering Tibet from Nepal. The group visa application takes at least 2 full working days in Kathmandu therefore please make sure you have enough time for that.
Tour information: Yes you can join our group tour 4 Days Lhasa Highlights Group Tour departure on April 12th it will end on April 15th would please to join this group tour? You can join one of them according to your time. For group tour there will be at most 9 group members in one group and the starting and ending dates are fixed price will be cheaper.
Best Regards
Mia (Trip Adviser)
Edgar NarvaezJan,05 2017 14:59:12
Hi we are two persons and we want to visit Tibet... Now we are at Laos and aproximately on 10th january we‘ll be at Kunming. We are looking for a tour throught Tibet to Katmandu Nepal. Which options do you have? We pretent to stay in Yunnan for a few day ( waiting for the permission tramitation) so we must end our trip in Yunnan at Shangri-La (aprox 16th of january) how can we get to Lhasa from there? Thanks
admin01-092017): Dear Edgar Narvaez
Permit info:Tibet Travel Permits is very essential and must for foreign travellers travelling to Tibet it can be obtained within 15 days. So we request and appreciate you to confirm booking a tour at least 15 days before your trip starts the earlier the better. Then we have enough time to prepare and to apply for the Tibet Travel Permit for you.
Will need you to send us clear scan copies or photos of passports and Chinese tourist L type visa. If other type of visas need also either work permit or invitation letter. Once we receive all your documents with your tour deposit then we will process them further to work on Tibet Travel Permit.
So if you can send me the required documents during this weekend we can probably only get you the permit for you to arrive in Lhasa on Jan. 21st or 22nd earliest. Is that ok with you?
You can take plane from Kunming to Lhasa fly to Xining and take train from Xining to Lhasa.
Best Regards
Sherry (Your Trip Adviser)

Write Us Here

  • Please fill out this form correctly.
  • ∗ Name
  • ∗ E-mail
  • ∗ Content
  • ∗ CODE
    To avoid spam, we will examine & verify your post before publish on our website. You will receive a private email reply within 24 hours!
Contact Us
+124 0778 0765(USA)

Find a Trip Choose one or more fields

Check More Video Feedbacks >>

ADD:4-5 House Namsel NO.3, Doudi Road, Lhasa, Tibet | Explore Tibet is the leading Tibetan Owned Tibet Travel company
Mobile: 0086-13398000993 or Tel: 0086-891-6305152 (Lhasa), +124 0778 0765(USA)
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 7:00pm (GMT +8)

Copyright © 2015 Explore Tibet. Privacy Policy Tibet Group Tour