Home > Clients Asked Q&A
PeteMay,17 2017 13:18:00
Hello I am hoping to have 6-8 days in Tibet from the 28/07 ideally coming from Kathmandu.
My final destination is  xi‘an
Do u have any recommendations for those days?
Also should I apply for my Chinese visa first before the TTP?
Following advice I will be getting a visa using flights I intend not to take into China I presume this won‘t be an issue when I land in Lhasa from Kathmandu?
admin05-182017): Dear Pete
1. Please note: if you plan to come to Tibet from Kathmandu Nepal you don't need to apply for Chinese visa all you need to do is to send me clear photo of your passport main page we will apply for the Tibet travel permit here in Lhasa at the same time we will obtain the Tibet group visa invitation letter and send it to our Nepalese agent named Prakash. He will arrange meeting you at your arrival in your hotel in Kathmandu and collect your passport to apply for the Group Visa which is compulsory for travelers entering Tibet from Nepal you will pay for the visa fee and the agent’s service fee to him directly this fee is not included in our tour cost. The embassy accepts cash USD only the money must be clean new USD not torn no scratches old series or ink printed dollars. And you need to also bring some passport-sized photos.
2. If you don't have dollars but you will be staying in Nepal for a few days you can pay him in Nepali currency equivalent to USD with the market buying exchange rate.
3. For the price you can refer to this link http://www.exploretibet.com/visa-permits/ just for reference.
4. Your schedule in Kathmandu should at least be like below:
Day 1: Arrival
Day 2: group visa apply (must be embassy working day)
Day 3 :group visa collection(must be embassy working day)
Day 4: depart to Lhasa
For flights you can book it by yourself without permits on this website Expedia.com
here you can join either 8 days EBC group tour 8 Days EBC Exploration Group Tour or 6 days group tour 6 Days Cultural Experiences Group Tour
Best Regards
Rex (Your Trip advisor)
AlonsoMay,17 2017 10:56:57

Last December I did EBC in Nepal now I would like to do Tibet side. I am living in Beijing with a RESIDENCE PERMIT.  Do I still need the Tibet permit?

I would like to go in June. How is the weather in that time?

Is there any trekking to get to EBC?
admin05-182017): Dear Alonso

Tibet Travel Permit: Tibet Travel Permit

Tibet travel permit process takes more than 20 days and we need 3 days to send you the permit in mainland China so we need your clear scanned copy of passport and China tourist visa. Yes we will take care of the permit for you. If you will take a plane to Lhasa you will need the original permit if train only need the copy of permit which we will send you by email. Yes you need Tibet travel permit as well. Please provide me with copies of passport residence permit and work permit or company invitation letter.

The weather in Tibet in June is perfect for to visit EBC

And yes on day 5 Afternoon you have an option to do a short trekking from the tent guesthouses community to E.B.C it will take you about 2 hours or more per your physical condition (6Km). Or you can take the dedicated minibus instead.

Have a wonferful day!!!

Best Regards

Rex (Your Trip advisor)
serishaApr,30 2017 16:21:57
I am serisha from south Africa  currently studying in china on a tourist visa. How is it possible for me to get a tibet visa? And if I can will I be able to make it for the tours planned for May 2017?
Also I am an asthmatic not chronic asthmatic but would like to try the everest base camp tour is this advisable?
Thank you
admin05-022017): Dear Serisha
Permit application:
Tibet Travel Permit process takes around 18 days and we need 3 days to send you the permit in mainland China. We also need your passport and China visa copy for the permit application. Please send me clear photos or scan copies. We will take care of the Tibet travel permit for you. And therefore you only can choose the group departing after 20th May.
Tour information:
For EBC we advise you to consult with your doctor The height of EBC is 5200m if the doctor approve. You can join 8 days EBC group tour.
Here we invite you join 6 Days Cultural Experiences Group Tour departing on 22nd or 26th the starting and ending dates are fixed you can share the cost and fun with other group members with low price!
Best Regards
Rex (Your Trip adviser)
Tom CassApr,29 2017 00:26:47
Hi ! I am considering a trip in 2017 to Tibet Xian & Hong Kong.  I am considering flying to Xian from Brisbane to arrive there 23 August & stay for about a week. I would either fly from Xian to Lhasa about 1 Sept or take the fantastic train trip or take the train from Lhasa if that is easier. Once in Lhasa I would like to take either the 8 day/7 night Cultural Excursion or the EBC Exploration tour. After Lhasa I would like to fly to Hong Kong assuming I have taken the train trip to get to Lhasa from Xian. Could please advise if my timing for my trip is ok + is it better to take the train to Lhasa or from Lhasa ?? Lastly what would the approx cost be for myself a single male. I look forward to hearing from you. Regards Tom Cass Qld Australia.
admin05-052017): Dear Tom Cass
It’s better to take train from Xi’an to Lhasa to acclimatize gradually.
For the two itineraries 8 Days EBC Exploration Tour & 8 Days Cultural Excursion Tour you are interested in we can operate private tour for you and you will have your own guide/car/driver or we have 8 days EBC group touryou can share the cost and fun with other group members.
Best Regards
Sherry (Your Trip Adviser)
Nilesh BorsaniaApr,20 2017 20:19:43
We need to visit Mt Kailash with 8 people
Please suggest how to do it
admin05-032017): Dear Nilesh Borsania
If your group is 8 people then it’s best to do a private tour as the cost for group tour and private tour will be almost same for 8 people.
Permit information: Tibet Travel Permit is very essential and must for foreign travellers travelling to Tibet. The application can be started 2 months before the tour starts and permit can be obtained in 25 days. We will take care of your permit application in Lhasa.
Will need you to send us clear scan copies or photos of passports and Chinese tourist L type visa. If other type of visas need to provide with either work permit or an invitation letter.
We request and appreciate you to confirm booking a tour as early as possible once we receive all your documents with your tour deposit we will process them further to work on Tibet Travel Permit.
Tour information:
According to your interest we recommend 15 days Kailash spiritual trekking and please see if the itinerary works for your group or not if not then we can customize as per your request. For quotation we need to know which month you will travel Tibet. Once you confirm the date and itinerary we will send the quotation accordingly
Best Regards
Samdup (Your Trip Adviser)
Maura JamesApr,18 2017 10:01:06
My friend and I are considering the 8 day EBC tour. We are traveling to China in November. The week of Nov. 20 is that tour available? If yes what days does it depart?
admin04-242017): Dear Maura James
Permit application:
Tibet Travel Permit process takes around 18 days and we need 3 days to send you the permit in mainland China . We also need your passport and China visa copy for the permit application. Please send me clear photos or scan copies. If your China Visa is not an "L” visa then you must also provide additional documents such as student certificates work permits residence permits and so on.
Tour information:
We have fixed group tour 8 Days EBC Exploration Group Tour departing on 7th 14th 21st Nov. you can share the cost and fun with other group members with lower price!
Best Regards
Rex (Your Trip adviser)

Write Us Here

  • Please fill out this form correctly.
  • ∗ Name
  • ∗ E-mail
  • ∗ Content
  • ∗ CODE
    To avoid spam, we will examine & verify your post before publish on our website. You will receive a private email reply within 24 hours!
Contact Us
+124 0778 0765(USA)

Find a Trip Choose one or more fields

Check More Video Feedbacks >>

ADD:4-5 House Namsel NO.3, Doudi Road, Lhasa, Tibet | Explore Tibet is the leading Tibetan Owned Tibet Travel company
Mobile: 0086-13398000993 or Tel: 0086-891-6305152 (Lhasa), +124 0778 0765(USA)
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 7:00pm (GMT +8)

Copyright © 2015 Explore Tibet. Privacy Policy Tibet Group Tour DMCA.com Protection Status