Home > Clients Asked Q&A
Alex WangNov,21 2016 15:14:15
Hi me and my friend wish to travel to Lhasa by train.
Both of us are singapore passport holders.
Could you give us a quotation for the railway tickets and for tibet entry permit?
Thanks with regards
admin11-222016): Dear Alex Wang
Permit info: Tibet Travel Permits is very essential and must for foreign travellers travelling to Tibet it can be obtained within 15 days. So we request and appreciate you to confirm booking a tour at least 15 days before your trip starts the earlier the better. Then we have enough time to prepare and to apply for the Tibet Travel Permit for you.
Will need you to send us clear scan copies or photos of passports and Chinese tourist L type visa. If holding Singaporean passports and will be traveling in China within 15 days no need Chinese visa. Once I receive all your documents with your tour deposit then I will process them further to work on Tibet Travel Permit.
Tibet travel permit application fee will be included in total tour cost.
If there are only two of you I suggest you check our Tibet Group tours
Best Regards
Sherry (Your Trip Adviser)
André SoutinhoNov,16 2016 07:59:33
I would like to know what is the cheapest price for a tour. We are two Portuguese students visiting China in January 2017 and we would like to visit Tibet very much. We are planning to visit Tibet from the 3rd to the 6th of January.
Best regards
André Soutinho
admin11-162016): Dear André Soutinho
You can join our group tour 4 Days Lhasa highlights to share the cost with other travellers. Maxmum 9 travellers in one group.But our group tour has only fixed departure dates on Jan. 1st and 10th.
Or if your time is fixed from Jan. 3rd to the 6th we can arrange 4 Days Lhasa Highlights Private Tour for only two of you will have private guide/car/driver.
Best Regards
Sherry (Your Trip Adviser)
MarcNov,14 2016 04:03:08
8 day EBC exploration; group tour; 2 people
Are the group tour prices set for October 2017.  For example October 19  ($980) (minus 5% discount if booked in advance).  even if only 2 of us sign up?
How much to add one additional night to acclimate?  If we arrive 1 day earlier to acclimate can we still use the free shuttle?
If we pay for the Lhasa hotel separately (we have free nights at the four points by sheraton) how much cheaper would the tour be?
Thank you.  Have a good night.
admin11-152016): Dear Marc
If you book the tour at least 2 months in advance we will guarantee the departure of this group tour (8 Days EBC adventure). Even if there are only 1 or two travellers confirmed.
Best Regards
Sherry (Your Trip Adviser)
Vedant SharmaNov,11 2016 01:43:58
We are students from New Delhi India. We are planning on coming to China and Mongolia. we Wanted to catch a Train from Lhasa to Beijing but realised we require Tibetan group permit that will allow us inside tibet. We want to stay in Lhasa for a day and head to Beijing the next day in  a train. Please advice us as to how we can gain permission to land in Lhasa. We are on a very minimal Budget.Please  advice us accordingly and reply as soon as possible
Thank you so much
admin11-142016): Dear Vedant Sharma
First of all I will need to know how many students are with you to do this trip?
I can help for getting the Tibet Travel Permits that’s the document that you will need to enter Tibet. To apply this permits I will need all the trip members clear scan copies of passport and Chinese visa. The process will usually take around 12 days. As soon as I receive it then I will send the copies to you.
If you are not able to book the Train Tickets then I can help you though I will need to know when do you like to do the trip? From where you will enter Tibet.
Regarding your trip if you just stay an other night in Lhasa then it will not help for you but if you take our 4 Days Lhasa highlights then you will be enlightened with our culture and will also visit the Palace of the Dalai Lamas (Potala Palace) & some other monasteries which are traditionally rich places.
Best Regards
Kalsang Namgyal (Your Trip Adviser)
RodrigoNov,10 2016 03:12:31
I‘m currently on hong kong with one entry china visa. If I enter tibet coming from beijing will I be able to come back to china?
admin11-152016): Dear Rodrigo
Yes your one entry Chinese visa is good to enter Tibet and then depart from Tibet to main or to Nepal. It is up to you. Though we will have to apply the Tibet Travel Permits which is the most important document that you will need to enter Tibet and visit. To apply this permits I will need your clear scan copies of the passport and Chinese visa. Then the process will take around 15 days.
November 14th is not possible for us to get you the Tibet Travel Permit so there I would like to suggest for you to join our group Tour 8 Days EBC adventure Trip Departure Date from December 1st.
Best Regards
Kalsang Namgyal (Your Trip Adviser)
BernadetteNov,06 2016 18:17:45
I‘m possibly traveling to Tibet January 30/31 - Feb 3/4
I am hoping to fly from khatmandu.
Is this possible? How do I get my visa? Can you help me arrange this?
I‘m sure you get these questions all the time :)
Thank you!
admin11-152016): Dear Bernadette
Yes it is possible to arrange your Tibet Travel Permits and also we can organise a very comfortable tour during your stay in Tibet. As you will enter Tibet from Nepal you don't need to apply for Chinese visa all you need to do is to send us your passport scan or clear photo and we will apply for the Tibet travel permit here at the same time we will obtain the Tibet group visa invitation letter here and send it to our Nepalese agent so then our Nepalese agent will meet you at your arrival in Kathmandu and collect your passport to apply for the Group Visa which is compulsory for travellers entering Tibet from Nepal. The group visa application takes at least 2 full working days in Kathmandu therefore please make sure you have enough time for that. (Note: the group visa is only applicable from the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu).
based on your time period of your trip in Tibet there I would suggest to take a Private Tour for 5 Days which will include to visit the Lhasa the capital city and also the monasteries and Potala Palace the sole palace of the Dalai Lamas. After that one day trip to a remote area in Tibet to visit the Lake Yamdrok.
Best Regards
Kalsang Namgyal (Your Trip Adviser)

Write Us Here

  • Please fill out this form correctly.
  • ∗ Name
  • ∗ E-mail
  • ∗ Content
  • ∗ CODE
    To avoid spam, we will examine & verify your post before publish on our website. You will receive a private email reply within 24 hours!
Contact Us
+124 0778 0765(USA)

Find a Trip Choose one or more fields

Check More Video Feedbacks >>

ADD:4-5 House Namsel NO.3, Doudi Road, Lhasa, Tibet | Explore Tibet is the leading Tibetan Owned Tibet Travel company
Mobile: 0086-13398000993 or Tel: 0086-891-6305152 (Lhasa), +124 0778 0765(USA)
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 7:00pm (GMT +8)

Copyright © 2015 Explore Tibet. Privacy Policy Tibet Group Tour