Home > Clients Asked Q&A
SethMar,26 2015 13:40:09
Hello. I was looking at the 8 day EBC Exploration tour and had a few questions.
1) If we were to go on the tour that departs on June 14th or the tour that departs on June 22nd what is the likelihood that we would be able to see Mount Everest‘s peak from the Rongbuk Monastery and Everest base Camp? I realize that nothing is guaranteed but I am just wondering the odds since I read that Monsoon season doesn‘t really start until July.
2) If we were to fly into Kathmandu from America approximately how many days would we have to spend there before receiving our Tibet Travelers Permits? Additionally what would be the best way to get to Lhasa from Kathmandu for the start of the tour after receiving our travelers permits?
Thanks for your help!
admin03-272015): Dear Seth
1.As you know this really cannot be guaranteed it all depends on the changeable weather and maybe your luckiness. I really cannot say which date is better according to our clients’ feedback they all enjoyed their EBC trip in June. And if I have to say maybe earlier is better the weather could be better than later.
2.Now we haven’t had other travelers signed up for the 14th group but other groups we have confirmed travelers so you can join either of the 6th/22nd/25th they are all guaranteed to take place.
3.Please note: if you plan to come to Tibet from Nepal you don't need to apply for Chinese visa all you need to do is to send us your passport scan or clear photo and we will apply for the Tibet travel permit here at the same time we will obtain the Tibet group visa invitation letter here and send it to our Nepalese agent so then our Nepalese agent will meet you at your arrival in Kathmandu and collect your passport to apply for the Group Visa which is compulsory for travelers entering Tibet from Nepal. The group visa application takes at least 2 full working days in Kathmandu therefore please make sure you have enough time for that. (Note: the group visa is only applicable from the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu)
5.It’s better to take plane from Kathmandu to Lhasa there’s direct flight CA408 by air China not departing on everyday sometimes usually on Tuesday Thursday and Saturday. You can check for the price now it usually costs high around CNY2800 – 4000 for one way. Will you go back to Kathmandu after the Tibet tour? Please let me know.(Sherry)
Matt GasnierMar,25 2015 13:49:10
I will be in Tibet from 24/04 to 1 or 2/05 flying into Lhasa from Chengdu and back.
I will need a Travel Permit and would like to visit:
- Lhasa
- Samye Monastery
- Gyantse Kumbum (and potentially pushing to Yatung)
- Ganden Monastery (if time allows but optional)
I don‘t need a car for the time I will be in Lhasa.
Could you please let me know what is possible and the price? How would you suggest to go about it? As in how many days in Lhasa and how many days out?
Many thanks for your help I look forward to hearing back from you shortly.
All the best
Matt Gasnier
admin03-262015): Dear Matt As you are interested to the listed places like Lhasa Samye Gantse Kumbum Ganden Monastery. Though it is not really possible to push your trip into Yatung area as it is restricted area for all the foreign Travelers. Now here I customized a tour itinerary based on your information & please check them carefully;

(April 24th) Day1. Arrival in Lhasa;

Day2. Lhasa Sightseeing;
Attractions; Potala Palace Jokhang Temple & Barkhor Street;

Day3. Lhasa Sightseeing;
Attractions; Drepung Monastery & Sera Monastery;

Day4. Lhasa – Ganden – Lhasa;
Attractions; Ganden Monastery;

Day5. Lhasa – Samye via Tsedang;
Attractions; Samye Monastery;

Day6. Samye – Gyantse;
Attractions; Yamdrok lake Karola Glacier Kumbum stupa & Phelchoe Monstery;

Day7. Gangtse – Shigatse;
Attractions; Tashi Lunpo Monastery;

Day8. Shigatse – Lhasa;

(May 2nd) Day9. Departure;

Also you mentioned that you would like not to have vehicle while you are in Lhasa so Day 2 & Day 3 you will no need to use the Vehicle. But rest of the trip there you will need the transportation.
Here you have mentioned that you will be entering Tibet from Chengdu & exit to Chengdu by Flight now I would like to give you a brief information on Tibet Travel Permits. Tibet Travel Permits is an essential permits needed for all the foreign travelers and this permit can be obtained with 15 days so we request and we appreciate you to confirm the tour before 15 days of your trip departure or in advance. So that we can work on Tibet permits smoothly. To apply for the Tibet Travel Permits I will need you to send us your clear scan copies of passports and Chinese visa. Once I receive all your documents with your tour deposit then I will process them further to work on Tibet Travel Permits.
I hope the above information is clear and if you have any questions or need any services then please always feel free to contact me.
Thank you so much and always looking forward to hear from you.(Kalsang)
MichaelMar,25 2015 00:36:09
Hi. I live in Hong Kong and have a canadian passport. I would like to visit Tibet from 2 April to 6th April. If I apply today can I get the visa permit in time?
admin03-262015): Dear Michael I am really sorry but I think there’s not enough time for the permit application as it takes at least 15 days also we need to mail the original permit to you for board the plane to Lhasa that will take another 2-3 days. So if you can postpone your departure date to at least mid-April or better later we can help with arranging the tour for you.
Any questions please feel free to write to me.(Sherry)
VickyMar,23 2015 17:35:48
I am wanting to travel to tibet around the 22 May.i would like to travel to tibet from China chengdo what do I need to do?
admin03-252015): Dear Vicky Tibet traveler permit process takes 15 days and we need your clear scanned copy of passport and China tourist visa before 20 days your departure date for permit application.
based on your interest we have 8 days Overland to Nepal Border Tour and I would like to suggest you to join our group tour as our group tour cost is suitable and reasonable for solo traveler and budget tourist as all the services are same as private tour. Please check the details of tour itinerary services and costs at below;
Our group tour you are available to join on May 19th tour cost is CNY7000 per person based on maximum 8 member in the group.(Dolma)
ArinaMar,22 2015 23:56:23
Greetings from Malaysia.
My family and I are planning to visit Tibet in May 2016. Do you provide the service of booking flight tickets Chongqing-Tibet train tickets Tibet Chongqing and Tibet Travel permit?
admin03-252015): Dear Arina Yes we can help with booking your train tickets but better you can confirm with me at least 2 months in advance because train tickets to Lhasa are hard to reserve and it’s easier to reserve on the first booking day online (60 days before train departure date).
Yes we can help with the Tibet travel pemrit application for that we needs you to send clear scans or photos of your passports and valid Chinese tourist visa the process takes at least 15 days before your tour starts.
I hope the information is helpful if you have any questions regarding to your Tibet travel please feel free to contact me.
Looking forward to hearing from you.(Sherry)
JenniferMar,22 2015 18:19:05
I‘m from Vietnam and I‘m really interested in the 8 days EBC tour. Can you please advise the visa application? I understand that i will go to Tibet and Nepal. Do I need to apply visa/permit twice? and how‘s the cost?
admin03-252015): Dear Jennifer As you are interested with our Group Tour 8 Days EBC Exploration & also you mentioned that you would like to visit Nepal also. Here now 1st I need to know from where you are enter in Tibet? Is it from Nepal side or China Side? Then I can answer your question;
Regarding the Tour itinerary I highly suggest for you to enter Tibet from China as you know you can apply your Chinese visa from your town based China Consulate and then enter China then to Tibet. Pick up our 8 Days Overland to Nepal this itinerary is the best Tour itinerary and also it will take you to visit Tibet & will end Tibet trip at the Tibet Nepal Border. Then you can enter Nepal obtain the Nepalese visa from the Border. Then you can do the Nepal trip.

At moment I will also need to know when do you like to do the Trip? As all our Group Tour Departure Dates are fixed and please visit our website to have more information about the itinerary 8 Days overland to Nepal

If you have any questions or need any services then please always feel free to contact me.(Kalsang)

Write Us Here

  • Please fill out this form correctly.
  • ∗ Name
  • ∗ E-mail
  • ∗ Content
  • ∗ CODE
    To avoid spam, we will examine & verify your post before publish on our website. You will receive a private email reply within 24 hours!
Contact Us
+124 0778 0765(USA)

Find a Trip Choose one or more fields

Check More Video Feedbacks >>

ADD:4-5 House Namsel NO.3, Doudi Road, Lhasa, Tibet | Explore Tibet is the leading Tibetan Owned Tibet Travel company
Mobile: 0086-13398000993 or Tel: 0086-891-6305152 (Lhasa), +124 0778 0765(USA)
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00am - 7:00pm (GMT +8)

Copyright © 2015 Explore Tibet. Privacy Policy Tibet Group Tour